Desktop Support Technician Intern
The Desktop Support Technician Intern is responsible for troubleshooting hardware and software issues within the Company.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma or GED.
- Either 1+ years’ experience in desktop support, or be enrolled in an educational program focusing on Information Technology.
- Experience with the Windows operating system & the Microsoft Office product suite.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical support by collecting trouble tickets, analyzing issues, carrying out solutions, escalating issues, and tracking to completion.
- Help maintain all end points and peripherals, including workstations, laptops, printers, phones, and desktop software.
- Keep all computer supplies and inventory organized and readily available when needed.
- Assist with installing structured cabling as needed to support bringing network connectivity to new computing, security, and IoT devices throughout the facility.
- Be flexible to changing priorities and able to adapt to the needs of the business.
- Develop working relationships & maintain positive communication with other employees within all levels of the Organization.
- Be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all data, email, documentation, conversations, etc. encountered during the course of business, both inside and outside the IT Department.
- Understand and comply with all food safety policies, procedures and programs as stated in the Company’s Food Safety Manual.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the incumbent will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and classification of the position. Job descriptions should be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the position.
- Occasional local travel may be necessary to other J. Skinner Baking facilities.
- Valid driver’s license required in order to facilitate travel to other facilities, as well as to carry out other duties reasonably within the scope of the position as they arise.